Regular School Board Meeting
Forest Hills School District
Highlights of the August 13, 2014 Board Meeting
Approved the 2014-2015 Auxiliary Police List.
Approved the agreement with Learning Lamp to provide Title I services to Altoona / Johnstown Diocese Schools and Johnstown Christian School.
Approved the Elementary In-School Suspension Pilot for 2014-2015.
Approved cancelling the August 27, 2014 board meeting.
Approved the modifications to teacher & student 2014-2015 Elementary, Middle, and High School handbooks.
Approved the modification of graduation requirements for the graduating class of 2017 effective 2014-2015 school year
Approved the GASB 45 actuary selection.
Approved the distribution of the delinquent lunch account letter.
Approved the Meadows Psychiatric Center Agreement.
Approved Policy Revisions – 3rd Reading:
- 102: Programs – Academic Standards
- 105: Programs - Curriculum
- 105.1: Programs – Review of Instructional Materials by Parents/Guardians and Students
- 106: Programs – Guides for Planned Instruction
- 107: Programs – Adoption of Planned Instruction
- 108: Programs – Adoption of Textbooks
- 109: Programs – Resource Materials
- 119: Programs – Current Events
- 124: Programs – Alternative Instruction Courses
- 140: Programs – Charter Schools
- 203.1: Pupils – HIV Infection
- 235: Pupils – Student Rights and Responsibilities
- 235.1: Pupils – Surveys
- 804: Operations – School Day
- 916: Community – School Volunteers (modifications)
- 707: Use of School Facilities and 707.1: Attachment (modifications)
Approved Policy Revisions – 2nd Reading:
a. 204: Attendance
Approved a Cooperative Agreement with St. Francis University for the 2014-2015 College in High School Program.
Approved the Baccalaureate Nursing Program at UPJ to observe IU08 classes located in the Forest Hills School District as an observational clinical site.
Approved the proposed agreement to resolve the dispute between Eckles Architectural firm, HF Lenz, and the Forest Hills School District pending confirmation from Attorney Matthew Hoffman.
Approved the Sabbatical leave request from Jennifer Ambrose – 1st semester 2014-2015 school year.
Approved the elementary teacher recommendation Ms. Kelsey Rice.
Approved the recommendation for the new Forest Hills School District Solicitor to be Andrews & Beard.
Approved the paraprofessional recommendation Mrs. Nancy Hoffman for the 7 hour Elementary School position.
Approved the paraprofessional recommendation Mrs. Melissa Ruffing for the 7 hour High School position.
Approved the paraprofessional recommendation Ms. Virginia Biter for the 5 hour Elementary School position.
Accepted the resignation of Assistant High School Student Council Advisor Maria Baumann.
Approved the recommendation for Varsity Co-Ed Golf Coach Mr. Tim Humphrey.
Approved the recommendation for Middle School Forensics Coach Ms. Maria Conzo.
Approved the recommendation for Elementary School Yearbook Advisor Mrs. Tracey Howell.
Approved the recommendation for Volunteer Assistant JH Football Coach Mr. Justin Myers.
Approved the SEIU 3 year contract effective July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017.
All requests for conferences, field trips and use of school facilities
presented to the Board were approved.