Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Christopher Evans
A Brief History of Mr. Evans:
I grew up in Ferrelton, Pennsylvania and attended North Star School District. Upon graduation in 2001, I attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) where I majored in History Education. After graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2005 I found myself substitute teaching at both United and North Star School District, for about two years total. In the fall of 2007, I was hired by North Star as a long-term substitute for a 10th grade U.S. History class. I spent two full years as a "long term sub" for the same history class when my predecessor retired and I took his position full-time. I spent eight years total at North Star as the 10th Grade U.S. History teacher. Other activities I was involved with at North Star are as follows:
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach (2008-2015)
- Assistant Football Coach (2007-2013)
- PSEA Vice President (2014-2015)
- Safety Committee Representative (2011-2015)
- Technology Committee Representative (2012-2015)
- Google Administrator (2012-2015)
- Teachers Teaching Teachers, Professional Development Technology Coordinator (2013-2015)
- Technology Liaison between North Star and InShore Technologies (2012-2015)
Additionally, I have a Safety/Driver Education degree from IUP, a Masters in Education from California University of Pennsylvania (Cal-U), and my K-12 Principal Certificate from Cal-U.
I met my beautiful wife Patty Evans-Pongrac in 2010 and we married in the Spring of 2014. We have two beautiful children, Isla (2015) and Tristan (2018). We have been living in the Forest Hills School District since 2011 and we could not ask for a better neighborhood and community.
I am grateful to be a part of the Forest Hills School District and I am honored to have the opportunity to work alongside your children in my history classroom. If you have any questions, please contact me via email at email@example.com